What is Brand Awareness?
Brand awareness is your customers’ familiarity with your company’s logo, tagline, colors, or image. Good brand awareness is why customers choose your products/services over generic/competitor’s.
1) Use the same logo for all marketing material. It is extremely important (and seemingly obvious) having one symbol/icon/mark that represents your business and its products or services. By having one mark you make it easier for potential customers to know who they are looking at across all marketing platforms: your website’s logo, your Facebook page logo, and the logo on your print ads should be the same logo. The goal is to be recognized by logo alone.
2) Follow style guidelines. The “brand bible” or “style guide” has been used by corporate companies for years to outline do’s and don’ts regarding logos, taglines, company name and more. Having a simple “brand bible” or “style guide” for your small business will help save time and money, and demonstrates professionalism and consistency to potential customers.
3) Write a blog. Blogs are a great way to educate, excite and advise customers and potential customers. Sharing your knowledge and know-how gives credibility to your business. A successful blog puts out valuable quality information.
4) Use social media to build your brand. Social media platforms like Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter (just to name a few) can also be instrumental in creating good brand awareness. Posting your blog, services/products and events/charities to these social media sites lets you build a public culture around your business, letting potential customers know more about the kind of business you are.
5) Publish a weekly, monthly or seasonal newsletter. Gone are the days of snail mail newsletters, but that doesn’t mean the newsletter is dead. It’s moved from snail mail to email. Creating an interesting, engaging email newsletter will help remind your customers of who you are and what your business can do for them. Staying in your customers’ view will keep you in their minds.